The Bellingham Review is a nonprofit literary arts magazine published in Bellingham, Washington, by Western Washington University. Known for its quality fiction, poetry, and essays, the Bellingham Review publishes nationally ranked writers such as Tess Gallagher, Charles Wright, Gary Soto, Albert Goldbarth, Stephanie Strickland, X.J. Kennedy, and David Shields, as well as promising new writers. The Bellingham Review also sponsors three awards: the 49th Parallel Poetry Award, the Tobias Wolff Award for Fiction, and the Annie Dillard Award for Creative Nonfiction.
The Bellingham Review is perfect bound, and published once each year—in the spring. Sample copies are available for $12.00 each (to cover postage).
Subscription rates as of August 1st, 2008:
- $12.00 for one year (one issue per year, each spring, and updates via email and website)
- $20.00 for two years (2 issues)
- Subscriptions to foreign addresses are $10 USD per year extra
- Institutional subscriptions are $20.00 for one year
- For information on multi-year subscriptions and discounts, please email the Bellingham Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The full contents of the current issue are available only by subscription, although selected writing appears on this web site by permission of the authors.
To subscribe, make sure to express in writing your desire to subscribe, include your mailing address, a check for the appropriate amount made out to the Bellingham Review, your email address (to receive updates via email) and send to the following address:Bellingham Review
Western Washington University
Bellingham, WA 98225
Single issues, including newstand, bookstore, conference and in-person sales, are available for $10.